Saturday, November 30, 2013

Staying Strong Throughout the Tough Times

This one week that just passed, I had mixed of emotions on it.

I'm very grateful of the infinite blessings that God has blessed me with:
1. My Wonderful, Loving, and Supportive Family Members
2. Beautiful, genuine friendship that I have in church, University, ex-high school mates. Sometimes, I can even call them family. :)
3. Freedom to do what I am passionate about (ministry work, studying Mass Comm, to be who I am)
 and a lot of little blessings that made me feel really complete everyday. :)

At the same time, I am quite stressed out about serving in the ministry, as one of the leaders. 
I realize the worklord of the ministry is not too much until a point that I cannot handle. It's the time management between my studies, minsitry, family time, friends bonding time, and my alone time. Rally, finals and assignments due dates coming up at the same time, which is making things tensing for me.

When there are too many things for me to handle, I tend to forget a lot of minor details, which will cause problems here and there, which makes if difficult for the ministry. At times like this, I will become even more clumsy, blur, slow, short-visioned and less resilient than I normally am. I got quite a lot of criticisms from the ministry people which brings me down a lot. All criticisms are constructive, and it's to mold myself into a better person, but when they are too many people telling us what to do, instead of helping me, makes me feel quite helpless. I have a really good partner, but it's just that I feel she needs a break as well, both of us cannot carry these alone. I'm learning to accept criticisms and compliments openly and move on, it takes quite some time to master it though.

Recently as well, when I am looking for random moments just to have fun, I tend to do things without thinking of the consequences. I just fraped my friend recently and it seems to be hurting her and pissed her boyfriend as well. I intend to make a joke out of her, but I didn't realize it was overboard. I know apologized wouldn't make anything better but I still did it. I am not sure whether they will forgive me but I will change my bad habit.

"Lord, as I am journeying through the most difficult time of the year, Please be with me. Send your holy spirit down upon me, that when I am weak, you will fill me with your strength; when I am sad, fill me with your joy; when I feel worried, show me the light and hope that all things will be alright. Lord, help me to rely on your strength, so that I will be strong in the midst of the storm. Amen."

On another note, I read this article that really helped me when I needed that the most. It was eye opening to me when I was soaked within the negative emotions going on in me. Feel free to have a read about it HERE. It's an article on how to stay optimistic during tough times. :)

Goodnight and God Bless everyone. Sleep Tight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment